- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if you use store-bought everything bagel seasoning skip the salt)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- First, preheat the grill to 400ºF or turn the oven to broil and prepare a baking sheet by lining a baking sheet with tin foil and spraying the tin foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add salt.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the potato halves.
- Turn the heat to medium/high and boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, whisk together olive oil and spices. Set aside.
- Remove from the water and place potatoes onto a tea towel. Carefully remove excess water from the potatoes with the tea towel.
- Place each potato half on the tin foil skin-side down and gently smash each potato with the bottom of a glass or a 1 cup measuring cup (you just want a flat, hard surface). Be careful not to smash them too hard or they will turn into mashed potatoes.
- Drizzle each of the potatoes with olive oil and spices.
- For the grill. Carefully flip the potatoes skin-side up on the tin foil and transfer the tin foil from the baking sheet to the grill. Grill for 10-15 minutes and then flip the potatoes over with a spatula. Sprinkle potatoes with parmesan and let them cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- For the oven. Place potatoes in the oven skin side down and broil them on high for 3-5 minutes (depending on your broiler) or until potatoes turn golden brown and then sprinkle with parmesan and broil them for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 203 Sugar: 1 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 2 Protein: 8
Category: Side DishMethod: GrillCuisine: American
Keywords: Smashed Red Potatoes