Smoked Chicken Dry Rub
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 lbs. chicken legs (we used 8 chicken legs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons smoked chicken dry rub (from above)
- Preheat the smoker to 275ºF.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the smoked chicken dry rub in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove excess moisture from the chicken legs with a paper towel.
- Drizzle the chicken legs with olive oil and massage the oil into the chicken legs.
- Place 3 tablespoons of dry rub into a bowl (or on a plate) and roll each leg into the dry rub. Make sure each leg is completely covered in dry rub.
- Place the chicken legs onto the smoker and spray the chicken legs with cooking spray and cover.
- Smoke the chicken legs for 2-2.5 hours total (depending on how big the chicken legs are) at 275ºF. Check the internal temperature after 1 hour and flip the chicken legs over to the other side. Spray with cooking spray, cover, and continue cooking for 1-1.5 more hours.
- Remove the chicken legs from the smoker once the internal temperature reaches 170-175ºF.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 349 Sugar: 2 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 4 Fiber: 1 Protein: 45
Category: ChickenMethod: SmokerCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: smoked chicken legs