- 3 cups 2% milk (any kind of milk works)
- 1 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3-oz. bourbon (or whisky)
- optional: marshmallows for topping
- Place milk and dark chocolate into a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium.
- Whisk continually until the dark chocolate melts into the milk.
- Then, add cocoa powder and maple syrup and continue to whisk until it begins to bubble.
- Add 1.5 oz. of bourbon into each mug and then fill the mug with hot chocolate. Stir with a spoon.
- Top hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Enjoy immediately or microwave for 10-15 seconds on high to melt the marshmallows.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 466 Sugar: 48 Sodium: 179 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 50 Fiber: 1 Protein: 13 Cholesterol: 31
Category: DrinkMethod: StovetopCuisine: American
Keywords: spiked hot chocolate