No time to make a healthy lunch? I think not! Prep the ingredients for this Spring Cobb Salad and arrange it in a mason jar for easy access during the week!
Spring is the Best!
Boy am I glad grilling season is back in action. The temps keep going up and down, but once I bring the grill out it stays…no matter how chilly it gets!
Seriously, the best part about Spring and Summer is grilling. It makes my meat preparation so simple and the clean-up is a breeze. I’m so pumped about this spring cobb mason jar salad because it is my go-to recipe for leftover grilled chicken. Before we talk about this cobb salad. Let’s talk mason jars.
We Love Mason Jars
Mason jars are really the most perfect way to layer a salad and transport on-the-go. We use mason jars for everything from overnight oats to salad dressing. They are a great environmentally friendly meal prep container that you can just throw in the dishwasher! Though we use a 16 oz. mason jar for this spring cobb mason jar salad, we love mason jars of all sizes!
- 32oz Mason Jars are great for double salad portions or for leftover soup!
- 8oz Jelly Jars are perfect for chia seed pudding or homemade salad dressing!
- Parfait Jars have the best clip on lids and are great for storing salads, pasta salads, or quinoa bakes!
- 4oz Mason Jars are great little jars for jams, nut butters, or salad dressing!
Spring Cobb Salad- Perfect for Meal Prep
We love prepping salads in mason jars! Our Buffalo Mason Jar Salad and our Mason Jar Tex Mex Quinoa Salad are two amazing salads are that are great go-to lunch salads for the week. For this Spring Cobb Salad, we decided to stick to some original Cobb salad ingredients like hard boiled eggs, bacon, and chicken. However, we mixed things up with a raspberry vinegarette dressing!
I started off with a simple, homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing that’s actually a synch to make! All you do is place everything in a food processor or blender and blend away!
Once you’ve got your dressing prepped…it’s time to get all your fixings ready to layer. You’ll need:
- Grilled Chicken
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Fresh Raspberries
The beauty of this recipe is that you’re making 4 at a time…which means you’ve got lunch ready to go for the next 4 days. Huzzah.
Mason Jar Spring Cobb Salad with Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 3 4 oz chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1/2 large cucumber finely diced
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 strips of bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and process until raspberries are pureed. Set aside.
For the Salad
- First, place about 2-3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette into the bottom of your large mason jar.
- Then, add in about 1/4 of your diced chicken and 2 large handfuls of spinach.
- Next, add in 1/4 of your chopped hard-boiled eggs, 1/4 of your vegetable mixture, and 1/4 of your bacon mixture. Finish off with a few raspberries.
- Seal with lid and keep refrigerated for up to 4/5 days.