- 1.33-lb. New York Strip Steak (2 2/3-lb. steaks)*
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (~half juicy lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Steak Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7-oz. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 4 English cucumbers, sliced (~2 cups)
- 10-oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2-oz. goat cheese crumbles
For the Steak
- Follow the directions in our Grilled New York Strip Steak post to grill your steaks.
- Once your steaks are cooked to your liking, cut them into thin strips.
For the Salad
- While your steaks are marinating, prepare the salad. Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and process on high until smooth. If it seems a little too thick, option to add a few teaspoons of water. Set aside.
- Next, place the romaine lettuce, avocado, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and corn into a large bowl and toss everything together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss again.
- Finally, top the salad with sliced steak, sunflower seeds, and goat cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Steak: we used leftover grilled New York strip steak for this recipe. You can also use 1.33 lbs. of pretty much any cooked steak.
- Serve steak warm or cold depending on your preference.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 786 Sugar: 8 Fat: 58 Carbohydrates: 42 Fiber: 9 Protein: 41
Category: SaladMethod: GrillCuisine: American
Keywords: steak salad, steak salad recipe