- 1 small gluten free (can sub whole wheat/regular) baguette
- 3–4 oz goat cheese
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely diced,
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup strawberries, finely diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1.5 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (aged if you have it!)
- pinch of salt
- First, begin by rinsing the residue off your quinoa. Then cook quinoa using my microwave method. Once cooked, chill in the refrigerator over night.
- Prep quinoa salad by dicing fruit and veggies. Then, place in a large bowl and add cooked quinoa, honey, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Mix.
- Slice up your baguette into 1 inch slices and place on grill or in the oven for just a few minutes in order to harden things up a bit and get some nice grill marks.
- Using a knife, spread on about a teaspoon or two of goat cheese and then top with about 1 to 2 tablespoon of quinoa salad.