Did you know that when peaches and strawberries are baked together…they turn purple?
Who would’a thunk it?
Not this girl!
I spent most of my day yesterday working on the ebook. Blake is taking summer courses for grad school (MBA), so our weekends are very low key. He has to write a 12 page paper…and it was raining, okay! I had a last minute change of heart in the design I was working on. I had originally had my mind set on a horizontal layout (11 x 8.5), but then I started designing covers…and this happened.
This still isn’t the final final, but I LOVE the color story and the amount of white space this photo has. I keep my fonts pretty consistent on the blog, so I tried to take those into the book for continuity.
If you have a design eye. I’d LOVE your feedback on…
- Font choices
- Font color choices
- Font placing
- Anything else you have an opinion on!
Do you ever get in one of those modes WHERE YOU JUST CAN’T STOP. Like I am so excited to be in the home stretch of designing this e-book that I could literally stay up all night and do it. #obsessive
Okay, back to this delicious DESSERT.
All you need are 8 ingredients. It’s gluten free. Seasonally tasteful. And healthy enough to eat for breakfast! LEGITIMATELY.
The innards are a mixture of fresh strawberries and peaches mixed with maple syrup, orange juice, and a few tablespoons of almond meal for texture.
On top- I mixed together some leftover quinoa from the night before and some Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Granola. Very basic. Very very basic.
I finished this bad boy off with some coconut whipped cream…but you could totes go straight up ice cream. I would if I had any…but I try and keep that out of the house or I would probably turn into the ice cream man himself.
I still can’t get over the color that was made when the two fruits roasted in the oven and mixed together. #baffled
Unless I bought magical fruit, in that case…SWEET!
Strawberry Peach Quinoa Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream
Nutritional Information (sans coconut whipped cream) 329 calories | 68g carbs | 7g fat | 10g protein | 22g sugar
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 large peaches
- 2 cups strawberries (or one carton)
- 2 Tablespoons almond meal
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup gluten free/vegan granola OR Rolled Oats
- one can coconut cream (Trader Joe’s Brand), chilled for 2 hours
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Then, grease a medium size cast iron pan (or normal medium size frying pan with NO rubber) with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, dice peaches and strawberries into one inch cubes. Place in a medium size bowl. Add almond meal, maple syrup, and orange juice, and mix.
- Transfer into cast iron pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While the fruit is baking, mix together about 1 cup of cooked quinoa and 1/2 cup of your favorite granola. Spread evenly over fruit.
- Place back in oven for 15 more minutes or until the fruit begins to bubble.
- While the crumble cools off a bit. Pour chilled coconut cream in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fluffy. Feel free to add a tablespoon of sweetener or a few drops of liquid stevia if preferred.
Feedback on the cover? CHIME IN!
Seasonal summer fruits- what’s your fav?