- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raw kale, deboned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chunked
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz. feta crumbles
- Salad Pizazz Salad Topper (dried strawberry flavored cranberries and honey roasted pecans, walnuts, and almonds)
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, prepare quinoa. In a medium pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Once boiling, turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes. Option to make ahead or chill in the refrigerator.
- Next, prepare salad dressing. Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Next, prepare strawberry quinoa salad. Place kale into a large salad bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale in order to make it lighter and brighter in color and easier to digest.
- Add strawberries, cucumber, onion, basil, and feta crumbles to the salad bowl and toss to combine. Then, add cooled quinoa and toss again. Add in the full Salad Pizazz bag and toss one more time.
- Finally, drizzle quinoa salad with dressing and toss to make sure everything is fully coated.
- Place salad in the refrigerator to chill and served cold.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6
Keywords: quinoa salad