Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-6 large lemons)
- 1.5 cups water
- 8 oz. vodka (1 cup vodka)
- First, make simple syrup by placing honey and water into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring consistently.
- When syrup has reduced, remove from heat, pour into a jar, and place in the fridge to cool for later.
- Next, create strawberry puree. Place strawberries and water into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Then pour over a sieve and use a spoon to press the puree through the holes separating the seeds from the puree. Set aside.
- Next, juice lemons with a juicer until you’ve reached about 1 cup. Depending on how juicy your lemons are, you should have to use around 4-6 lemons.
- Add lemon juice, additional water, strawberry puree and vodka into a large pitcher and mix well. Add in honey simple syrup and mix again until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until chilled. Serve over ice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 200 Sugar: 26 Sodium: 1 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 53 Fiber: 2 Protein: 1
Keywords: strawberry vodka lemonade