- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth (or any kind of broth)
- 2 cups chopped kale, packed
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes (we used the kind in olive oil)
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used the olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 fully-cooked chicken sausages, sliced (use your favorite!)
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF. Then, spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place quinoa and chicken broth on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Then, prep kale by de-stalking and chopping into bite-sized pieces. Pack kale into your 1 cup measuring cup by pressing it down. Add 2 cups into the casserole dish.
- Use a fork to remove 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes from the jar and add to the casserole dish.
- Finely dice 1/4 large red onion and add that to the dish as well.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then drizzle on about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pro tip: you can use olive oil straight from the sun-dried tomato jar!
- Mix together everything in the casserole dish so that that’s it’s evenly spread out. Use your hands to press the veggies down to submerge it into the broth.
- Finally, slice 5 fully-cooked chicken sausages into bite-sized pieces and spread evenly on top of casserole.
- Cover casserole dish with a piece of tin foil and bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil after 30 minutes and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on 3/31/2020. The only thing that changed was the baking instructions!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 318 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 769 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 3 Protein: 22
Keywords: quinoa casserole