- 1/2 pound ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or bison)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (~1 cup diced)
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1.5 cups enchilada sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, sliced (for topping)
- First, preheat oven to high broil. Then, brown 1/2 pound of ground meat in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Drain fat and set meat aside.
- Next, heat 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil over medium/high heat in the same cast iron skillet. Add in minced garlic, diced sweet potato, and red onion and sauté for 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost cooked all the way through.
- Add in black beans, white beans, sweet corn, enchilada sauce, and the cooked meat and bring to a slight boil. Take off heat and sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven for 1 minute in order to melt the cheese. Remove and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 228 Sugar: 3 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 18 Fiber: 5 Protein: 13
Keywords: enchilada dip