Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1.75 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (not packed)
- 3 tablespoons cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt*
Tomato and Onion Pico
- ½ purple onion, finely diced
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, fourthed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Spicy Greek Yogurt Drizzle
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Franks hot sauce (or any other hot sauce)
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 large avocados
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (for serving)
- First, begin by preparing the cilantro lime rice. Follow the instructions HERE.
- Next, prepare the ground beef tacos. Follow the instructions HERE. Set aside.
- Create a tomato and onion pico de gallo by finely dicing ½ purple onion and cutting a pint of cherry tomatoes into fourths. Squeeze around a tablespoon of lime juice on top of it. Set aside.
- Make your spicy Greek yogurt drizzle by mixing together Greek yogurt, hot sauce and lime juice. Taste it and add more hot sauce, to taste.
- Drain and rinse your black beans and corn and slice 2 large avocados in half and set aside.
- Prep taco bowls by evenly distributing beef, pico, cilantro lime rice, black beans, and corn. Then, add in ½ avocado each and drizzle on the Greek yogurt topping. Finally, serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 492 Sugar: 5 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 55 Fiber: 10 Protein: 27
Keywords: taco bowl, taco bowl recipe