For the Sweet Potato Cheese
- 1.5 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1.5 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 15 oz can sweet potato puree (~1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 24 oz jar organic marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking dish or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prep 12 lasagna noodles by following the directions on the box. Set aside.
- Prep sweet potato cheese by mixing together whole milk ricotta, cottage cheese, sweet potato puree, and rosemary. Set aside.
- Prep sauce by heating olive oil in a skillet. Then, add in onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until almost translucent. Add spinach and sauté for an additional 2ish minutes until it has cooked down. Add marinara sauce and spice and let simmer for 2-3 more minutes on low.
- Prepare lasagna dish by layering noodles, cheese, and sauce. You should end with a layer of noodles on the top.
- Bake at 375ºF for 25 minutes Then, sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/8