For the Taco Meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1.5 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Grilled Zucchini
- 6 medium zucchinis
- Olive oil cooking spray (for rubbing)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a fry pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and cook until translucent. Add ground turkey, cumin, chili powder, garlic, maple syrup and salt to pan and cook until turkey is browned.
- Place cooked turkey in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill (or oven) to 400ºF.
- Wash zucchinis and pat dry. Then, cut the ends off of your zucchinis and cut in half hot dog style.
- Next, spray zucchini halves with olive oil cooking spray on both sides and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchinis on the grill on a piece of tin foil and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400ºF flipping zucchinis every 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Scoop out the middle of each zucchini half with a spoon.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of taco meat into each zucchini half followed by a tablespoon of cheese on top.
- Place all zucchini boats back onto the grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 212 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 187 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 3 Protein: 19
Keywords: taco zucchini boats