For the Salad
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
For the Sauce
- First, bake chicken breast so that you can easily shred it. Option to bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes OR follow our tutorial for how to make shredded chicken breast in the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- When chicken breast is done cooking, use two forks to shred. Then, let cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix with other salad ingredients.
- Finally, pour sauce mixture onto the chicken salad and mix until evenly combined.
- Serve over greens, on top of toast, in a lettuce wrap, etc.
Tips & Notes
- Depending on how thick your Greek yogurt and peanut butter are, you might need to add some water to thing things out a bit. Do this by preference!
- Recipe was slightly modified and updated on 3/4/2019.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 216 Sugar: 3 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 3 Protein: 25
Keywords: thai peanut chicken salad