- ~4 skinny, large sweet potatoes
- -1 pound of cranberry cheddar cheese (you probably won’t use it all)
- -nonstick cooking spray (I used nonstick coconut oil spray- it gave it a great flavor!)
- -salt, to taste
- -pepper, to taste
- *Cheese grader
- *Muffin Tin
- First, begin by preheating your oven to 400F and spray a 16 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, finely grate your cheese. Start off by doing half and if you need more, come back to it! Set aside.
- Slice your sweet potatoes as thin as you can.
- To make stacks, place on sweet potato sliver onto the bottom of your muffin tin and layer with cheese. Repeat 3-5 times per stack. *Do not sprinkle cheese on top, we will do this later.
- Lightly spray each stack with more nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven at 400 for 20 minutes. Remove cheese from oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Place back in oven for about 5 minutes or just enough to melt the cheese on top.
- Before serving clean up the bottom of your stacks. Some of the cheese may have burned a little or become a darker cover, so just use a knife to cut all of the excess cheese off.
- If you are using bigger sweet potatoes, you may want to cook them a little longer to ensure they are cooked all the way through!