- 1 lb. raw almonds (3 cups)
- 6 cups of water (+ more for soaking)
- pinch of salt
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 vanilla bean, paste
- First, place 3 cups of almonds in a large bowl. Then completely submerge them with water and let soak for 24 hours.*
- After 24 hours, your almonds should be soft(er). Strain and rinse. Then, place in a high-speed blender.
- Add 6 cups of water, a pinch of salt, 15 medjool dates, and the paste from 1/2 a vanilla bean.
- Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until everything in the blender has been pulverized.
- Using a nut milk bag, strain the almond milk from the nut pulp, squeezing out as much milk as possible. Then, transfer into jars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips & Notes
*For a quicker softening option, bring a pot of water to boil, and pour in raw almonds. Remove from heat, and let almonds soak for 1-2 hours, or until soft.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 cup Calories: 282 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 17 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 5 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: almond milk