- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or mashed banana for a sweeter cake)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- maple syrup/honey
- nut butter
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients minus the berries in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Next, add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Finally, add berries and lightly mix to combine.
- Transfer batter into baking dish and sprinkle on additional berries and oats, if desired. Bake at 350ºF for around 40 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let breakfast cake cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 1/9
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: American