- -1 jar marinara sauce (any kind will work!)
- -1/2 cup onions, diced
- -1/2 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- -1 Tablespoon EVOO
- -6 eggs, large (or more if you can fit them!)
- -1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- -3/4 cup (or more) ricotta cheese
- -1 teaspoon basil, fresh or dried
- -salt and pepper, to taste
- -1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- -2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- In a large oven safe sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Then, sauté 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 1/2 cup diced onions until onions become translucent.
- Next, pour on marinara sauce. Then place thinly sliced zucchini on top of sauce.
- Crack 6 eggs on top of the zucchini. Then, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and basil.
- Finally, spoon on ricotta cheese. I used about 3/4 cup and spooned on about 1 tablespoons at a time, but feel free to use more!
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until your eggs are at the desired texture.
- While your eggs are baking, prepare quinoa by placing 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups vegetable broth in a medium size pot. Bring to a boil. Then cover and turn down to low. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until all of the water has absorbed.
- Serve Zucchini Lasagna with Baked Eggs over a big scoop of quinoa!