- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, drippy
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5.3 oz. container Vanilla Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 to 1 cup Silk Unsweetened AlmondMilk*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- First, preheat your waffle iron to medium heat.
- Prepare your flax eggs by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 15 minutes until it becomes goopy.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil and flax eggs. Mix until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil and add that to the batter. Mix. Then add flax eggs and mix.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on both sides. Then, scoop in about 1/2 cup of batter. Close the waffle iron, flip, and let cook for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds (depending on how hot your iron is).
Tips & Notes
*As your batter sits, it may begin to thicken. In that case, start with 3/4 cup of milk and then add a splash more almond milk as needed.