- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup vegan cheese sauce (+ more for topping)
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
- 1 15-oz. can, rinsed and de-cased
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray an 8×8-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together vegan cheese sauce, vegetable broth, and garlic powder.
- Then, place quinoa on the bottom of your casserole dish and pour on the cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place broccoli florets on top of quinoa and press them down. Then, cover casserole dish completely with tin foil.
- Bake casserole at 375ºF, covered, for 25 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare crunchy garbanzo beans. Place garbanzo beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then, season with chili powder and salt and toss with your hands.
- After the 25 minutes is up, take the casserole out of the oven and remove tin foil. Then, place back in the oven on the bottom rack and place garbanzo beans in the oven on the top rack. Bake at 375ºF for 25 minutes.
- Remove both from the oven. Let sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve the broccoli and cheese casserole with a few crunchy garbanzo beans on top along with your favorite hot sauce.
- For this recipe, you’re going to need a full batch of our amazing vegan cheese sauce. You can find that recipe HERE.
- We recommend topping your vegan broccoli and cheese casserole (or mixing in) the rest of your vegan cheese sauce that you’ll have leftover.
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: American