Looking for a healthier treat to bring to your next holiday party? These vegan peppermint patties are made with almond flour, coconut, and peppermint extract. They taste just like the real thing, but are guilt-free!
Vegan Peppermint Patties
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Then, place all ingredients into a small food processor and process on high until combined. It should be similar to cookie dough consistency.
- Next, scoop out nickel-sized pieces of dough and roll them in between your palms. Flatten slightly to form your patty and then place on cookie sheet.
- Place sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the patties have frozen, melt about 1/2 cup of dark chocolate in the microwave. Using two forks, dip each patty into the chocolate, fully covering it. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Repeat.
- Place the cookie sheet back in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until fully frozen.
Store in the freezer.