These homemade peppermint patties are vegan and made with almond flour, coconut, and peppermint extract. They taste just like the real thing without those filler ingredients!
The holidays are my absolute favorite time to bake. It seems like there are unlimited holiday-themed treats to make that will bring the festive feeling to any party or get-together. Plus, homemade treats really do make the perfect gift 😀
This holiday season we knew we wanted to put a healthy twist on one of our all-time faves: Peppermint Patties. And once we got started replacing not-so-pronounceable ingredients with healthier alternatives, we realized we’d be able to make these little cuties vegan as well. Woop! Let’s get into it:
How to Make Homemade Peppermint Patties
Step 1: Food Process
Place all of your ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process on high until fully combined.
The consistency should be similar to cookie dough when it’s ready to go. If you don’t already have a quality food processor, NOW IS THE TIME. I seriously can’t imagine my kitchen without my food processor now that I have one. Seriously, life-changing.
Step 2: Roll & Flatten
Scoop out nickel-sized pieces of dough and roll them in between your palms. Flatten slightly to form your patty in a flat, round shape, and then place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Freeze
Place the baking sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes in order to set the peppermint patties.
Wrap some presents, decorate your holiday tree or make some hot cocoa while you wait 😀
Step 4: Dip
Once the patties have frozen, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave.
Using two forks, dip each patty into the chocolate, fully covering it. Place the peppermint patties back on parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Repeat.
Step 5: Freeze Again
Place the cookie sheet with your beautiful vegan peppermint patties back in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until fully frozen.
For best results, we recommend storing peppermint patties in an airtight container or Ziplock in the freezer. Will last up to 3 months.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
More Holiday Desserts
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Healthy Protein Buckeyes
- How to Make Healthy Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Healthier M&M Cookies for Santa
- 1/2 cup super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Then, place all ingredients into a small food processor and process on high until combined. It should be similar to cookie dough consistency.
- Next, scoop out nickel-sized pieces of dough and roll them in between your palms. Flatten slightly to form your patty and then place on cookie sheet.
- Place sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the patties have frozen, melt about 1/2 cup of dark chocolate in the microwave. Using two forks, dip each patty into the chocolate, fully covering it. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Repeat.
- Place the cookie sheet back in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until fully frozen.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 patty Calories: 148 Sugar: 9 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2
Keywords: homemade peppermint patties