- 4 cups packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place all ingredients for the vegan pesto into a high powered food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients together for 30 seconds to combine the ingredients and then scrape the sides of the food processor.
- Then, process all the ingredients on low for 1-2 minutes or until a pesto forms. You may have to scrap the sides of the food processor a few times throughout this process.*
- Toss the pesto with pasta, serve on a pizza, or store it in the refrigerator for later.
Tips & Notes
- If the ingredients aren’t processing together add a teaspoon of water at a time to the food processor until the mixture begins to form a pesto.
- Option to use store-bought vegan parmesan cheese.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1.5 tablespoons Calories: 160 Sugar: 0 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Keywords: vegan pesto