Vegan Queso Ingredients
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into coins
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- First, preppare our homemade Vegan Queso. You can find the directions for that recipe HERE.*
Vegan Mexican Street Corn Queso
- Once you’ve prepared the vegan queso, set that aside.
- Next, preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add corn and black beans to the baking dish and then pour all of the vegan queso into the baking dish. Mix well.
- Bake at 375ºF for around 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to mix.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
Tips & Notes
*Place cashews in a large bowl and completely submerge them with water. Soak cashews overnight so that they soften. Alternatively, you can flash boil the cashews by bringing a pot of water to a rolling boil, turning off heat, and add cashews to the water. Let soak for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 208 Sugar: 4 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 24 Fiber: 5 Protein: 9
Keywords: street corn queso