For the Roasted Veggies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 cups of broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the Bowls
- 1 cup short grain brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raw kale, deboned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare the rice by adding the rice and water to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then, turn heat to low cover pot, and let the rice simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until water has dissolved.
- Next, spread the sweet potato, onion, and broccoli evenly over the greased baking sheet. Toss in olive oil and garlic.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables and then place into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes at 375ºF, tossing halfway.
- Prepare the kale by placing kale into a bowl and drizzling with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Massage the kale with hands until the kale breaks down by about half (read more about how to massage kale here). Set kale aside.
- Remove rice from the stove top when finished and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Remove vegetables from the oven. Set aside.
- Assemble bowls by evenly distributing rice, vegetables, kale, sprouts, hummus, hemp seeds, and tahini between four bowls or meal prep containers* and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*If you are meal prepping these bowls, wait to add the tahini until right before eating.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 519 Sugar: 11 Sodium: 352 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 76 Fiber: 13 Protein: 19 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegetarian brown rice bowl