Thai Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth*
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into coins (1 heaping cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- lime juice
- chopped cashews
- Thai basil
- Add 2 cups of water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cashews to the water. Let cashews soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Next, place all ingredients for the cashew cream sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant, add onions and carrots to the pan and season with salt. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, red peppers, peas, and garbanzo beans to the pan and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- Then, add curry sauce to the vegetables and mix until all vegetables are covered in sauce.*
- Bring curry sauce to a boil and then turn to simmer.
- Serve curry over white rice, quinoa, or on its own. Top with a squeeze a lime juice, chopped cashews, and Thai basil!
Tips & Notes
- *If the sauce is too thick add a tablespoon of broth to the pan at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
- Nutrition information only includes creamy cashew curry, and not rice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 292 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 608 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 5 Protein: 11
Keywords: creamy cashew curry