For the Salad
- 4 heaping cups baby kale (or arugula)
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 package of Ramen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional: 2 4 oz. chicken breasts, cooked
For the Tangy Tamari Dressing
- 3 teaspoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Prepare vegetables by washing and cutting as noted above. Set aside.
- Prep the ramen by cutting into small chunks with a sharp knife. Then, heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium/high heat. Cook ramen until golden brown (be careful not to burn). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- Prepare salad by mixing together all salad ingredients (chicken breast is optional). Drizzle on dressing and toss again.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition facts do not include chicken
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 321 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 417 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6
Keywords: Asian Chicken Salad