For the Nachos
- 1 lb. Laura’s 96% Lean Ground Beef (92% works too!)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons green chiles, canned
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. mini bell peppers, halved
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 large white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- fresh cilantro, minced
For the Avocado Crema
- 1 ripe avocado, large
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain
- 1–4 tablespoons water (depending on how thick you want the crema)
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare meat by heating a large pan to medium/high heat. Add meat, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, maple syrup, green chiles and salt and sauté until meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare your mini bell pepper “chips” by cutting the tops off. Then half each one and clean out the inside.
- Place peppers on baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Then, stuff with cooked meat. Sprinkle on white onion and cheese and place in oven.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- While the nachos are baking, prepare avocado crema by blending together all ingredients. The more water you add the thinner it will become, just depends on your preference!
- Serve nachos with avocado crema and fresh cilantro.