For the Crust
- 1.5 cups super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8-inch x 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the crust by mixing together all ingredients, forming a ball. Transfer dough into pan and use your hands and/or a spatula to spread to the edges of the pan. The key is to make sure the crust is relatively the same thickness all around, so the spatula comes in handy especially for the edges.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- While the crust is baking, prepare filling. Whisk 4 eggs in a medium-size bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk again until there are no more coconut flour chunks.
- Once crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and pour on filling. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.*
- Remove from oven and let sit on the stove top for 10 minutes before transferring into the fridge. Chill for 2 hours before slicing.
- Slice into 16 squares and serve with a sprinkle of organic powdered sugar.
Tips & Notes
- The bake time for the filling depends on your oven. Keep a close eye on it! If it cracks in the center, don’t worry about it 🙂
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/16 Calories: 240 Sugar: 20 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 24 Fiber: 2 Protein: 7
Keywords: gluten free lemon bars