- 1 lb. strawberries (~4 cups, halved)
- 2 medium bananas (~2 cups sliced)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºF. Prep a standard-size, rimmed baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Next, place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until everything is pureed together and smooth.
- Pour strawberry banana mixture evenly over the baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread into the corners and then lift the sheet up and pound a few times to really make sure everything is even*. It should be around 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake at 180ºF for 6-8 hours.*
- Fruit leather is done when it easily separates from the parchment paper and is not soft in any places. Be careful not to overcook depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Cut fruit leather into 12 strips using a scissors. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-4 weeks.
Tips & Notes
- Make sure puree is as evenly spread out as possible so that it bakes evenly. If some parts are thicker than others, the leather will be done in some spots and still sticky in others.
- Every oven is different. If you have a convection oven, your fruit leather will cook faster (4-5 hours). If you have a standard oven (6-8 hours).
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 61 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 1 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 1
Keywords: fruit leather