For the Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup organic marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1/2 cup mini pepperonis, or protein of choice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, slice your sweet potatoes into thin rounds. Place them on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, and then place them in the oven for 15 minutes*.
- Remove sweet potato rounds from the oven. Prepare sweet potato pizza bites by topping with sauce of choice (marinara or pesto).
- Then, top with toppings of choice.*
- Bake for an additional 3-5 more minutes to melt your cheese.
- Remove from oven and ENJOY.
Tips & Notes
*Bake time depends on how thick your sweet potato rounds are. You don’t want them to be over cooked or else they will be too squishy and won’t hold when you pick them up!
*Feel free to top bites however you’d like. We made adorable faces with peppers, onions, olives and cheese. We also kept some simple with just cheese and mini pepperonis. The goal here is to top your sweet potato pizzas however you’d like and to have some FUN!