- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Begin by preparing your potatoes. Wash and pat dry. Then use a sharp knife to quarter.
- Place in a large pot and fully submerge with water. Add about a 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Turn to high heat and bring to a boil for 20-25 minutes or until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Strain potatoes and place them back in the pot. Add salt, pepper, butter, Greek yogurt, and herbs. Use a hand mixer (a potato masher will work!) to mash potatoes and slowly add in milk until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- Serve with another square of butter and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 242 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 157 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
Keywords: healthy mashed potatoes