- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place rolled oats, baking powder, and spices in a large bowl and combine.
- Peel a large apple and then finely dice. Set aside.
- Place a large banana in a medium size bowl and mash. Then add in eggs, maple syrup, and almond milk. Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix. Then, add melted coconut oil and apples and mix again.
- Fill 12 muffin liners to the top (~2 heaping tablespoons of the oat mixture).
- Place in oven at 350ºF and bake for 19-21 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Then, let cool completely and transfer into a tupperware or gallon-size bag and store in the refrigerator.
- Top with your favorite nut butter and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 127 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 40 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 20 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: baked apple oatmeal