- 2 tablespoons ghee (option to sub olive oil or coconut oil)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped (~4 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans
- 10 oz. frozen English peas, uncooked (1.5 cups)*
- Place olive oil in a large pot and heat over medium/high heat. When olive oil is fragrant, add the sweet potatoes to the pot.
- Cover pot and let sweet potatoes saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Add onion and cauliflower to the pot and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*If using frozen peas, add right at the end.
*Nutrition is for 8 servings and does not include rice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 292 Sugar: 13 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 9 Protein: 9
Keywords: tikka masala recipe