- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 26 oz. jar of organic, no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×11-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce, spices, and chicken broth in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place quinoa, chicken, and veggies on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Pour sauce mixture into the casserole dish and mix everything together.
- Cover the casserole dish with tin foil, seal well, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole dish from the oven, stir, re-cover with tin foil, and place back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let rest for around 10 minutes and then top with parmesan.
Serving Size: 1/6