For the Salad
- 1.25 cups Israeli couscous
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 to 2 limes*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring 1.5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add in couscous and turn to low. Let simmer until all water is absorbed. Place in a tupperware and into the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the couscous has chilled mix together couscous, black beans, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Prep dressing by placing all ingredients int a high-speed food processor and mixing on high for about a minute, or until smooth.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and mix.
Tips & Notes
- Depending on how much you like lime, start with the juice from 1 and then go up from there. We used the juice from 2!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 290 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 52 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6
Keywords: couscous salad