Sourdough French Toast
- 4 pieces of sourdough bread
- 3 large eggs
- splash of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightened-Up Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries
- maple syrup
- Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium/high heat.
- Then, place eggs, almond milk, and vanilla into a medium size bowl and whisk until combined.
- Soak sourdough bread in the egg mixture, making sure they’re fully coated on each side.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray or use about 1/2 tablespoon of butter to grease the pan. Then, place French toast on pan and let cook for around 2 minutes per side, or until it begins to brown.
- For the lightened-up whipped cream, place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and use a hand mixer to whip on high until thickened. Make sure not to over whisk.
- Top French toast with whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 533 Sugar: 15 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 60 Fiber: 4 Protein: 21
Category: BreakfastMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: American
Keywords: French Toast