- 1¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar (option to sub coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (+ chips for the top of bread)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas, medium
- 1/2–3/4 cups almond milk, unsweetened*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- First preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place 3 bananas (with peels still on) on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until fragrant and dark brown. Remove from oven and set aside. (PS: If you do not want to do this step, no fear! You can skip it and mash your bananas like normal.)
- Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the 3 roasted bananas with a fork (or alternatively you can place them in a blender to get extra smooth). Then, mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Fold chocolate chips into batter and mix again.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top, and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove banana bread from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and remove from pan to finish cooling.
Tips & Notes
- If your batter seems way too thick (see the video for thickness), you may need to add a few tablespoons more of almond milk. This is due to the fact that all bananas are different sizes, which release a different amount of moisture 😀
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 279 Sugar: 21 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 50 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6
Keywords: healthy banana bread