- 1 cup fresh watermelon cubes
- 2-oz. high-quality tequila
- 1-oz. fresh lime juice
- 1-oz. triple sec
- Add the watermelon chunks to a high-speed blender and blend for 15-20 seconds, or until fully liquified. Strain the watermelon juice through a fine-mesh sieve and place it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the margarita, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 1-oz. watermelon juice, along with the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Shake until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain the margarita into a salt-rimmed glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of watermelon and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- The watermelon juice can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
- You can combine the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec in a pitcher ahead of time— just shake the individual portions (about 1/2 cup) with ice right before serving.
- If your watermelon isn’t as sweet as you would like, add agave or simple syrup to taste.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/1 Calories: 289 Sugar: 20 Sodium: 2 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 0
Category: DrinkMethod: BlenderCuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: Watermelon Margarita