- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed and packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk**
- First, preheat your waffle iron to medium heat.
- Next, prepare zucchini by shredding with a cheese grater. Use a cloth or paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible by squeezing it out.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and then measure out 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and add that to the batter and mix.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on both sides. Then, scoop in about ⅔ cup of batter. Close the waffle iron, flip, and let cook for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds (depending on how hot your iron is).
- Serve with sliced banana and maple syrup.
Tips & Notes
- The batter should be a little thicker than pancake batter, but not too thick! Start with 1 cup of almond milk and add a tablespoon at a time if it’s too thick.
- To make pancakes: add about ¼ cup to ⅓ cup more almond milk to thin the batter out a little bit. Cook over medium heat for about 1.5 minutes per side.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 waffle Calories: 386 Sugar: 22 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 53 Fiber: 6 Protein: 11
Keywords: zucchini waffles