- 1 lb. ground beef, 90% fat
- 1/4 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup cooked wild rice*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried fennel
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano or (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided (we love Annie’s organic)
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a standard loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, place all ingredients (minus 1/4 cup of ketchup, you will use this later!) for the meatloaf into a large bowl and mix until combined. Sometimes it’s easiest to use your hands to mix.
- Then, transfer the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan and pat the meatloaf down into an even layer.
- Bake meatloaf at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the ketchup should be caramelized. Remove meatloaf from the oven and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving (or else the meatloaf may not hold together).
Tips & Notes
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 242 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 280 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 19
Keywords: wild rice meatloaf