Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale
Chicken Tortilla Soup has never been easier OR HEALTHIER! Throw everything in your crock-pot and you've got dinner ready before you know it!
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 4 hours
Total 4 hours 20 minutes
For the Soup
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts (~2 large)
- 4 cups kale deboned
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 150oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn drained
- 1 4.5-oz. can green chiles
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce depending on how hot you like it*
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt*
For the spicy tortilla strips
For the Soup
Place all ingredients for the soun (minus the Greek yogurt) in your crockpot. Turn to high and let cook for 3-4 hours or turn to low and let cook for 6-8 hours.
Once your chicken is fully cooked, remove and shred. Then, place back in crock-pot.
Add Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
For the Spicy Tortilla Strips
Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Then, thinly slice tortillas to create your strips and place on baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil and toss.
Then sprinkle on spices and toss again.
Bake tortilla strips at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Toss and then put back in for 5-10 more minutes until golden brown.
- *Option to sub your hot sauce for white vinegar if you do not like spicy.
- *To make this recipe dairy free, omit the Greek yogurt.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g