Best Leftover Turkey Soup
The best way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers is with this Leftover Turkey Soup recipe! This Tuscan Turkey Soup is packed with farro, tons of veggies, and a delicious broth.
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 cups water
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 4 medium carrots finely diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion finely diced
- 6 small red potatoes diced (or 3 cups diced)
- 1 15-oz. can white northern beans
- 2 stalks kale deboned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon hot sauce or sub more vinegar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups leftover turkey diced or shredded (or rotisserie chicken)
First make the farro. Combine water and farro in your Instant Pot and close lid. Turn the valve to seal and cook on high for 10 minutes. Immediately open valve to vent in order to quick release.
Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the turkey) into the Instant Pot and close the lid. Turn the valve to seal and cook on high for 2 minutes. It should take around 20 minutes for the Instant Pot to build enough pressure to start counting down from 20. Once the timer goes off, quick release and open the valve.
After all of the steam has let out of the Instant Pot, open the lid and stir.
Then, add in leftover turkey and stir again. Serve immediately.
- The second time you turn the Instant Pot on, it will take longer to heat up due to the volume of ingredients in the soup.
- Option to sub rotisserie chicken for the leftover turkey.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g