Baked Potato Salad
Get excited for the best BBQ side dish you will ever make! This baked potato salad is the perfect side dish next to bbq chicken, cheeseburgers, or would make a great meal prep lunch.
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total 45 minutes
- 1/2 lb. cooked bacon chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chopped Idaho potatoes 1.5-inch cubes (skin on)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
Potato Salad Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado mayonnaise*
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons dill pickle juice**
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Begin, by cooking bacon by following our Oven Bacon tutorial. Once cooked, remove any excess grease and then chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes to the pot. Boil until potatoes are cooked, but still firm.
While potatoes are boiling, mix all ingredients for the potato salad sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
When potatoes are done cooking, remove from heat and strain water.
Add potatoes to a large bowl along with the chopped bacon, hard boiled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and chives. Mix well.
Finally, pour potato salad sauce over the potato mixture and mix until sauce is covering all of the ingredients. Mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon (just a little bit) to create a creamy potato salad consistency.
Eat immediately or chill in the fridge to eat cold for later.
- *avocado mayonnaise: option to substitute normal mayonnaise.
- ***dill pickle juice: you get this directly from a jar of pickles. If you do not have this, feel free to sub apple cider vinegar.
- Storage: store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g