- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini, moisture removed* (~1 large zucchini)
- optional topping: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine. Then, add in all of the wet ingredients minus the coconut oil and mix to combine. Add melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big, fluffy muffins). Add optional chocolate chips to the top. Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-24 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
Tips & Notes
- Coarsely grated zucchini– use a coarse grate cheese grater to grate your zucchini. Keep the skin on and grate zucchini. Next, place grated zucchini in the middle of a tea towel or cheesecloth and ring out as much moisture as possible. Then, measure 1 cup.
- Nutrition information does not include chocolate chips.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 muffin Calories: 162 Sugar: 17 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: zucchini muffins