- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill, de-stemmed
- 2 green onions, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 cup arugula or microgreens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Begin by using a mandolin to slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick ribbons. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the red onion, dill, and green onion into the bowl with the zucchini and set aside.
- Next, place the pine nuts into a small skillet pan and toast the pine nuts over medium/low heat until they are golden brown (3-5 minutes depending on stove).
- When the pine nuts are toasted immediately pour them into a bowl so they do not continue to cook.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, salt, and pepper into a Mason jar. Cover and shake the jar until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced zucchini and toss the ingredients in the dressing.
- Fold the greens and pine nuts into the salad.
- Serve immediately or place the salad into the fridge to chill.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 138 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 109 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: zucchini salad