Best Chili Recipe
The best chili recipe you'll ever eat is right here! Our beef chili is made with ground beef, beans, diced tomatoes, and a homemade chili seasoning.
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Total 45 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef we used 15% fat
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup beef broth chicken broth or water works too
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion
First, heat a large stockpot over medium/high heat.
Then, add ground beef, yellow onion, and minced garlic and sauté for 7-10 minutes or until beef is fully browned.
Next, add pinto beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and maple syrup to the pot and stir to combine.
Add spices and 1 cup of broth and stir to combine.
Bring beef chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Nutrition information is for 6 servings and does not include toppings.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g