Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa Recipe
Whip up this savory Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa for a pantry-staple meal that's also naturally vegan and gluten-free!
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 4 hours
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 2 large NC sweetpotatoes peeled and diced
- 1 15- oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15- oz. can whole kernel corn drained and rinsed
- 1 28- oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4- oz. can green chiles
- 2 cups vegetable broth or any kind of broth
- 1/2 large red onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- fresh cilantro
- yogurt dairy-free if necessary
- sliced avocado
- smoked paprika
Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Then, place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and mix until combined.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (or until the quinoa is fully cooked and the sweet potatoes are at desired texture).
Occasionally stir all of the ingredients together every hour.
When the quinoa is cooked and the sweet potatoes are soft, uncover the slow cooker.
Serve the sweetpotato Mexican quinoa with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g