Looking for the orange smoothie of your dreams? Try our magical vitamin C-packed Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. You only need 3 ingredients + a few nummy add-ins!
Dreamy and Creamy
You know what I say about this orange smoothie? Absolutely DREAMY. I also say creamy because this incredible orange creamsicle smoothie is just that. Dreamy and so creamy!
If you’re a smoothie girl, you are about to fall head over heels for this simple delight. All you need are 3 basic ingredients + a few optional add-ins for this most delicious dessert or snack!
- Frozen banana slices: the frozen banana slices are what give this orange creamsicle smoothie the “creamsicle” part.
- Vanilla extract: a touch of vanilla extract really enhances the overall creamsicle taste of this smoothie.
- 100% orange juice: whether you squeeze your own orange juice or buy it cartoned, it’s essential for the orange flavor of this smoothie!
Smoothies are Easy and Healthy
Like the majority of our smoothie recipes on Fit Foodie Finds, this healthy orange smoothie is both super simple and extremely nutritious! With only three ingredients, this smoothie packs in…
- Vitamin C
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Add-Ins
Want to increase the healthy fats in this smoothie or get a little bit more protein? Check out some smoothie add-ins below!
- Protein powder: with just 1 serving of protein powder you can get anywhere 16g to 24g of protein. Check out some of our favorite brands HERE.
- Chia/Flax: chia and flax seeds are a great way to get extra omega 3-fatty acids into your diet. We recommend 1-2 teaspoons.
- Nut Butter: cashew or almond butter would be absolutely delish in this smoothie. A little saltiness to really enhance the sweetness of the orange. NOM.
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk: we’ve made this smoothie with a few tablespoons of full-fat coconut milk to really get that tropical vibe.
Whipped Topping: If you are wondering what is on top of this stunning drink, we used So Delicious Co Co Whip. FREAKING DELISH. You can always make your own homemade coconut whipped cream if you so desire.
More Healthy Smoothies
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup 100% orange juice
- optional: 1/2 cup ice
- optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder coconut whipped cream, orange zest
- Place frozen bananas, vanilla extract, and orange juice into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Option at this point to add a handful of ice (depending on thickness preference) and/or other add-ins such as vanilla protein powder and fresh orange zest.
- Blend one more time and then serve immediately.
Wow…. it looks so creamy and tasty
Hi Lee, All my family loved it.Thx for the option.
Hi! Did this recipe recently get updated? I recall it had coconut milk in it. How much coconut milk was previously recommended? Thanks!
Orange smoothie of my best smoothie. I tried your recipes last weekend and it’s amazingly tasty and healthy as well…
thanx for this recipes…
This smoothie looks SO creamy and dreamy! Orange and vanilla are such a delicious combination 🙂
I tried this recipe using Coconut Water in place of Coconut Milk; not as creamy but a little less calories.
Awesome! I bet it still tasted fab 😀
Last night I was craving an orange julius hardcore, this sounds way better than that. I will drink it with my eyes closed and pretend its summer. Have fun in T.O. !!
These pictures look freaking awesome!!!! And this smoothie looks delcious btw 🙂 Did you get a new lens? Is this with a macro lens? Gorgeous!!!!!!!!
xo, Lauren @ http://alovelysideproject.com
Can’t tell you how obsessed I am with coconut errything lately. I love love this idea of mixing orange and coconut. The photos are stunnin’
Just visited my bestie who lives in NYC this weekend for Galentine’s Day. It’s tough especially for someone like myself who hates talking on the phone. Snapchat has been one of my favorite ways to connect. I just like seeing the little things that make up my friends’ days.
Have great trip!
I HEART SNAPCHAT. Seriously. It’s hilariously awesome. Specially the vids.
Have a blast buddy! I hear it’s Summer in Toronto!
You can also borrow some of my latte skin.
Have fun on your vacation! My bff lives hundreds of miles away so I totally get the feeling. I hate that we can’t get together to just hang out and be weird together. This smoothie looks awesome and is totally up my alley!
Amazing Lee! Thanks for the heads up about the orange 😀
blood oranges sure are a beautiful fruit!
YUM!!! I’m excited to try this one out 🙂
white balance in a cloudy day is IMPOSSIBLE!! everything looks blue/gray – but this smoothie has me feeling very tropical and sunny to day
Oooo want! Need! Perfect boost of vitamin C! <—- that rhymes 😉
Just wait for all the sunshine you’re gonna get in tropical Toronto…TWO DAYS!!!!! eeeeee
This looks great! I can’t believe it’s only 4 ingredients!