Our Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is perfect for any weeknight meal, is kid-friendly, and made with only 5 ingredients! So? Make your grocery list, head to the store, and cook up this amazing slow cooker honey garlic chicken.
I love the first Sunday of January because Fit Foodie Finds recipes go absolutely insane! Everyone’s New Year’s resolutions are in full swing, healthy recipes are a priority, and people are meal prepping their way into the new year! Well, get ready, because we’ve planned something ultra special for Fit Foodie Finds over the next 6 days and we’re calling it…
Slow Cooker Week
That’s right, you’re going to get 6 healthy slow cooker chicken recipes all in a row. I mean, you’re welcome 😀 Each of these slow cooker chicken recipes are:
- easy to make
- require minimal ingredients
- have a healthy twist
- great for meal prep
So? What are you waiting for for…pull out that slow cooker of yours and don’t even think about putting it away because you’re going to want to make all 6 of these recipes? First up, one of my favorites of the whole week…Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken!
5-Ingredient Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
You read that correctly, this amazing crock pot honey garlic chicken is made with only 5 ingredients…and chances are you already have them in your kitchen! Here’s the line-up:
- chicken breast
- minced garlic
- soy sauce (or tamari)
- red chili garlic sauce
Basic ingredients, amazing flavor!
How to make honey garlic chicken breast
It’s quite simple. All you have to do for this recipe is put all 5 ingredients into a slow cooker, turn it on, and walk away!
High: You can either cook this recipe on high for 2-4 hours or…
Low: for 6-8 hours.
We always recommend cooking your slow cooker chicken recipes on low for the longer period of time so that you can get chicken that’s more tender and flavorful. Once your chicken is cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
At this point, you have the option to add a little cornstarch to the sauce to thicken things up a bit. If you move forward with this step, make sure you completely dissolve the cornstarch into the sauce before adding the shredded chicken back in.
Meal-Prep Serving Suggestions
You can easily turn this slow cooker chicken recipe into an amazing chicken meal prep by pairing it with your favorite grain and stir-fried veggies. Portion out a serving of honey garlic chicken with a cup of cooked grains and a cup of veggies.
- Grains: brown rice, white sticky rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice
- Veggies: green beans, broccoli, or peppers and onions,
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Curry Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
6 Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Looking for more crockpot chicken recipes? Look no further! Check out 6 similar recipes below. And for an added bonus, check out our Crockpot Freezer Meals post where we teach you how to turn all of these slow cooker recipes into freezer meals.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken Video
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- First, create your honey garlic sauce. Whisk together minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and red chili garlic sauce un honey has fully dissolved.
- Next, place chicken breast on the bottom of your slow cooker. Then, pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook for 2-4 hours OR low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once your chicken is fully cooked and tender, remove chicken from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred.
- Thicken sauce by adding in 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch and whisk until dissolved.
- Then, add chicken back into the crockpot and stir with the sauce. Cover and let cook for 10 more minutes so that the sauce can fully thicken.
- Serve with your favorite grain and vegetable.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition is just for the chicken.
- Cornstarch is optional, but your sauce will be thin if you don’t use it.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 214 Sugar: 23 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25
Keywords: crock pot honey garlic chicken, slow cooker honey garlic chicken